2009年4月21日星期二

"Fringe" Alert: BIOHAZARD, Walter!


First of all, let me emphasize that "Fringe" rocks and I love "Fringe" and Olivia very very much.

I apologize to my Chinese blog readers that this article has to be in English because I wish "Fringe" writers/producers/any member of the cast could someday find this article and do something about it - the extremely annoying BIOHAZARD nature of Walter's underground laboratory at Harvard.

In the past 16 episodes, Walter's underground lab has been featured as a hospital with half a nurse (Astrid) and an amateur nurse practitioner (Peter), a farm (the cow!), a morgue (so many dead bodies and, yes, the maggots and baby monsters), a chemistry lab (antidote synthesis?), and a physics lab, and maybe something else too. Well, don't get me wrong, I am totally cool with all these appearing as a single lab facility in a Sci-Fi show.

The problem is, these guys eat in there! Do you ever want to have your coffee, omelets, steaks, anything, in a MORGUE with a nasty body that's popped open and smiles at you? Common sense here, people.

I have been tolerating coffees and Walter's "jokes" as a result from his high IQ and messed-up mind. But in the last episode (S1E16, "Unleashed"), it was way over my head when I saw an "omelet" with a nice-looking human ear filling while Peter and Walter were discussing the possibility of that stuff mixed with somebody's breakfast. Come on!

I know that maybe less than 1% of the viewers only have a vague idea of what biology and chemistry labs are all about, but please, please, don't eat anything in that stupid morgue filled with bodies, maggots, and toxins again. Ever. And wear some gloves.

BIOHAZARD, and the whole lab smells, dude.

没有评论: